I usually add chocolate chips to them and once they are baked, I like to chop them up and wrap them individually to be kept in the freezer for times when I'm in a pinch.
½ cup of crushed raw walnuts, pecans, cranberries or chocolate chunks/chips (or a mix) (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground oats, oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon and sea salt together.
- In a small bowl, whisk the almond milk and chia seeds together. Add the applesauce or mashed banana and coconut oil and whisk all together.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Fold in the nuts, cranberries and/or chocolate, if you are using.
- Pour the batter in the parchment paper lined pan. Use a spatula to smooth and flatten.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool completely, cut, and store in fridge. These can also be frozen for long term storage. If freezing, you can wrap them individually to grab and go!
P.S. Remember to join my amazing Facebook Group which is an incredible community of like-minded people who are interested in transforming their lives with cycling and nutrition.