Now, I LOOOOOVE me some avocado but boy do I love the fact it came bundled in this pretty little infographic with colours that made my eyes dance.
Anyhoo, on to the content. :) I especially LOVE their uses for beauty. I'm not a fan of using much product on my body. I love Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castile Liquid Soap for showering (makes everything tingle :)) and I use Maison Orphee Coconut Oil as a moisturizer. I also love to exfoliate my face SO I'm going to find a recipe incorporating avocados and will report back to you so stay tuned!
AND did you know that you can use avocado as a fat replacement in baking? Where a recipe calls for things such as oil, butter or shortening, you can simply replace that with an equal amount of avocado. Now THAT is something worth giving a try!
Some of my favourite ways to use avocado in my daily diet is:
- mashed avocado and salsa to go with my omelette
- mashed avocado and sliced tomato on Ezekiel sprouted toast
- adding mashed avocado as a spread on my Ezekiel wrap with tuna and kale (my go to easy lunch when I'm really busy and in a pinch)
- use it sliced or mashed on all my sandwiches
- cut up chunks to put in my power kale salads!
- use in smoothies to give it the same consistency a banana would in your smoothie
And if you're diggin' what your readin' here, subscribe to my monthly newsletter below and jump on the Pura Vida revolution train cause it's leeeeeeaving the station! Toot toot!